IS YOUR BUSINESS AT RISK?
The IR35 rules changed in the Private Sector as of April 2021 – Making it the client’s responsibility to determine the employment status of their contractors, produce a SDS (Status Determination Statement), whilst ensuring they take ‘Reasonable Care’ in their decision and on an ongoing basis.
What this means for hirers:
- The HMRC ‘soft landing’ for IR35 ends in April 2022
- HMRC will begin investigating private sector businesses that hire contractors
- Any Unpaid Tax and NIC would still be due from April 2021
- Fines, penalties and interest now added from April 2022
- Outsourcing the determination process to a 3rd party may not pass Reasonable Care
Over the past 11 months, we have witnessed some worrying trends from businesses adopting risky IR35 strategies and which we have spoken about in our latest series of emails.
If you are concerned about what you have read so far and would like to speak to our experts, please complete the below form and we will be in touch.